Cumin Cuminum cyminum
Cumin is a flowering plant in the Apiaceae family that grows up to one foot in height and is grown heavily in Mediterranian countries. Its seeds are contained within a fruit and are typically dried for use in many dishes around the world. Cumin was used anciently, with use of the seeds dating back to 2000 B.C. Traditional uses for Cumin include promoting digestive health and circulation. It was used ritually for internal protection and to protect one’s home.
Available for a limited time in the Sunsational Flavors Kit!
Part Number: p008601
Size: 5 mL
Buy Now Join & Save 25%
- Popular spice used in many dishes from around the world
- Supports digestive health and helps to relieve occasional digestive discomfort*
- Purifying to the body’s systems*
Warm, spicy, nutty
Cuminaldehyde, ß-pinene, para-cymene, (Gamma)-terpinene
Cumin is rich in cuminaldehyde, which supports the digestive system.*
Aromatic Usage Suggestions
- Cumin has a powerful nutty, spicy aroma.
Topical Usage Suggestions
- Dilute and apply topically for a warming sensation.
Internal Use Suggestions:
- Popular spice used in many dishes from around the world.
- Supports digestive health and helps to relieve occasional digestive discomfort.*
- Purifying to the body’s systems.*
- Add one to three drops to stews, soups, and curries for a spicy flavor.
- Add one to two drops to four ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Promotes digestive health.*
- Cumin can be added to a variety of dishes and entrees including chili, dips, curry, soups, and salsa. It can also be used as a spice for meats and marinades.
Dilute with carrier to avoid skin irritation.
Directions for Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.