Cypress Cupressus sempervirens
The clean, fresh aroma of Cypress essential oil promotes vitality and energy, while topical application helps to invigorate the senses. Derived from the branches of the tall evergreen tree, Cypress essential oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress can be diffused or inhaled directly, but should not be swallowed or taken internally.
- Promotes vitality and energy
- Helps improve the appearance of oily skin
Clean, fresh, woody, herbaceous
α-pinene, carene, limonene
Alpha pinene, the monoterpene which is the primary chemical constituent of cypress essential oil, has been studied extensively for its use as a bronchodilator.
Essential Oils of the Bible
Cypress leaves and branches were a source of healing oil from ancient Egypt, as well as throughout Biblical times. The word “cypress” is mentioned many times in the Old Testament. It is rich in monoterpenes and supports the immune and cardiovascular systems.
Cypress — The Oil of Motion and Flow
Negative Emotions addressed: Controlling, fear, perfectionism, rigidity, stuck, tense
Positive Emotions promoted: Flexible, trust, flowing with life, adaptable, emotional growth
Oils that blend well with Cypress: Peppermint, Cilantro, Vetiver, Aromatouch massage blend, Thyme
Aromatic Usage Suggestions
- Diffuse along with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent
Topical Usage Suggestions
- Apply to your feet and legs prior to exercising for an energizing boost
- Add one to two drops to your toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin
- Apply two to three drops to chest before gardening to promote vitality and energy
- Mix together Cypress and Grapefruit essential oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for an invigorating massage.
Can be used topically with no dilution (neat).
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.