Douglas Fir Pseudotsuga menziesii
Sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, premium Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene, contributing to its ability to promote feelings of clear airways. Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and promote a positive mood. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin
- Promotes a positive mood and sense of focus
Clean, Fresh, Woody, Airy
B-pinene, a-pinene, 3-carvene, sabinene
Beta pinene, the monoterpene which is the primary chemical constituent of douglas fir essential oil, is a very common ingredient in air care products due to its pleasant citrus smell.
Aromatic Usage Suggestions
- Diffuse or rub between hands and directly inhale to promote easy breathing
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus.
- Diffuse 2–3 drops Douglas Fir with 2–3 drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
Topical Usage Suggestions
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma
- Combine with 1-2 drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience
May be applied topically without dilution (neat).
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.