Sandalwood (Indian) Santalum album
The sweet, woody aroma of Indian Sandalwood is a reflection of the soothing benefits of the essential oil—which can be used for skin imperfections or to enhance mood during meditation.
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhances mood
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding and uplifting properties
woody, dry, sweet
Alpha santalol, the sesquiterpene alcohol which is the primary chemical constituent of sandalwood essential oil, has been traditionally used for skin care.
Aromatic Usage Suggestions
- Diffuse in your bedroom after a long, stressful day or before meditation
- Diffuse for a restful night’s sleep
- Diffuse in your bedroom after a long, stressful day or before meditation.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Diffuse to enhance mood.
- Inhale Sandalwood directly from palms or diffuse to lessen tension and balance emotions.
Topical Usage Suggestions
- Apply to your skin the day before a big photo shoot or presentation
- Add a drop to a hot bath for relaxation
- Add to shampoo or moisturizer to improve look of hair or skin
- After a long day of working on your honey-do list, add one to two drops to your hot bath to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin.
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Apply one to two drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine.
Internal Use Suggestions:
- Take in a veggie capsule to support stomach and the digestive, circulatory, and nervous systems, helping them function harmoniously.*
Can be applied topically without dilution (neat)
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.